||[Jan. 3rd, 2008|09:58 am]
New Year's Predictions time!|
To recap, let's see how I did the past year:
1) Another friend of mine will grow a beard. [Brendan attempted briefly, and now Jeff has started cultivating mutton-chops. That almost counts.]
2) Yet again, by the end of the year, I would have done something I've told myself before I'm not going to do. [Hmmm...]
3) A big secret will be spilled, either by myself to someone, or someone to me. [No.]
4) By the end of 2007, I would have not only been to at least 20 shows, but a new band will work its way into my top ten favorites. (It's a pretty sweet spot to be, lemme tell ya) [1/2 correct. I went to maybe 10 shows (Very lame) but I think Crime In Stereo counts as one of my new permanent favorites.]
5) One of my Denison friends will find someone special but break up with them before the end of the year. [Brendan and his ex; Mike and his ex. Double win but I'll count it as one.]
6) One of my Westerville friends will go out with someone they've really wanted to. [Dave said the new girl he is going out with is someone he has been wanting to go out with for a while, so yes.]
7) I'll make an incredible new friend by the end of the year. [I made at least six in Chicago!]
8) My dear friend Brian will finally show interest in another girl. (Thieved from David, because fuck, it better come true) [No!!!]
9) By the end of the year, I would have finally finished another screenplay, extended short story, or book. (Because it didn't work last time) [No!!!]
10) This'll be the year I'll fall in love again. [I think that is fair to say.]
Hm... so 6.5/10. Not bad, but not as good as 2007's 8/10 either.
2007 Prediction Sidenotes:
1) I calculated Brian's correct amount of 2007 predictions: 5/9, and with the guess that I would have more than him, 6/10 (This is some kind of cheating!).
2) I unofficially predicted/swore to Elia that I would be published three more times (after my summer internships) before the end of the year, and even thought 2007 is over, I have THREE segments I wrote in the upcoming issue of the newspaper of my current internship, and considering that I finished two of the three assignments before the calendar change, that's half-right.
And now... *ahem*... time for the OFFICIAL REYAN PREDICTIONS FOR THE YEAR OF OUR LORD TWO THOUSAND AND EIGHT...
1) One of my friends will be incredibly successful in the job market this year.
2) Brian will FINALLY like someone else. (I am going to keep doing this one until it works)
3) I will get back into touch with an old friend and start communicating with them a lot more than before.
4) I am going to do something I haven't done in a long time.
5) I will move into an incredible new apartment, and be content with my excellent new roommate.
6) There will be a marriage/engagement announcement from someone who is at or was at Denison.
7) Graduation will be more happy than sad.
8) I will finally see a band that I've always to but never had the chance before.
9) I will have been published 10 times (in varying forms) before the end of the year.
10) There will be one big break-up.